Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not so bad. Famous last words.

When I get 11 hours of sleep and then everyone leaves the house for an hour, it is totally not a problem for me to crank out 1000 words. So, from the standpoint of "days that will never happen again," I'm golden for National Novel Writing Month. I wish I could say the same for the website, which seems slower than molasses on the tin roof of a cabin in winter. At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Nanowrimo gods, I think I'm going to mostly post updates of my word count on Twitter.

My novel is rad. It's the story of a starving law student who takes a part time job as a clerk with a solo practitioner. A solo practitioner who practices law in the realm of Faerie. And other courts. Dark courts. Courts that do not concern themselves with bar credentials so much as true names. Jim Butcher and Simon Green walk into a bar with John Grisham, blah blah blah.

So far it's a lot of fun. And it's got the advantage of being really easy to write. I've often said I could fill a book with snarky comments about law school. Now I get to, and write spooky nonsense as well. Wahoo!

2 comments:

CamiKaos said...

that sounds AWESOME... mine is about a woman who changes bodies every 24 hours and her only constant in life is her on line interaction.

no... not joking.

J-P Voillequé said...

No, THAT sounds awesome! So many resonances..